Cisco IT Essentials Chapter 11-16 Final Exam v4.1
1.Which three ports should be left open to avoid filtering e-mail traffic? (Choose three.)
2.Which interface can transfer data at a maximum speed of 480 Mbps?
• USB 2.0
3. Refer to the exhibit. Based on the information shown, which statement is true?
• The only PC allowed on the wireless network is the one with the MAC address 00:05:4E:49:64:87.
4.When upgrading a CPU what must be applied between the new CPU and the heat sink/fan?
• thermal compound
5.Engineers are designing a security scheme to allow only authorized persons to access the facilities of a national bank. Which security control measure provides the most secure solution for employee identification?
• biometric devices.
6.Which Startup type must be selected for a service that should run each time the computer is booted?
7.A company has a preventive maintenance policy that requires every computer have a new restore point created every six months. How can a technician create the restore point?
• Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore > Create a restore point
8.For a default installation of Windows XP Professional, which two settings are customizable? (Choose two.)
• regional settings
• network settings
9.The network manager decides to implement a simple security solution to the company WLANs. Which wireless security technique should the manager take to hide the WLAN id from any access point?
• Disable the broadcast of the SSID on the access point
10. Refer to the exhibit. Which utility has the IT department started on each computer?
11.A technician has been asked to develop a physical topology for a network that provides a high level of redundancy. Which physical topology requires that every node is attached to every other node on the network?
12.What are two problems that are caused by setting an incorrect boot order in the system BIOS? (Choose two.)
• The computer displays a “Missing NTLDR” error after POST
• The computer displays an “Invalid Boot Disk” error after POST
13.Which action should be taken first if a card key is lost or stolen?
• Disable the lost card key.
14.Which recommendation should be observed when replacing existing memory?
• The new memory should be as fast or faster than existing memory.
15.Several messages sent to the network administrator are reporting that access to a secure server using HTTPS is failing. After checking recent updates to the company firewall, the administrator learns that the firewall is blocking HTTPS. Which port should be opened to solve the problem?
16.What are two characteristics of the IEEE 1284 parallel interface standard? (Choose two)
• The two available operative modes are EPP and ECP
• Bi-directional communication is allowed.
17.A network administrator has been informed about a problem with the network printer. What is the most reliable way to prevent print jobs from being added to the queue while the printer is being repaired?
• Stop the print spooler.
18.A technician has installed a third party utility that is used to manage a Windows XP computer. However, the utility is unable to startup automatically whenever the computer is started. What can the technician do to resolve this problem?
• Change the startup type for the utility to Automatic in Services
19.A call center technician receives a call from a customer who wishes to add more memory to a laptop to increase graphics performance. Which type of memory should be installed?
20.A technician has been asked to connect a new scanner to a computer. Which interface provides the fastest transfer of data?
• SCSI (Ultra-320)
21.A technician is trying to explain USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 to a user in terms of speed. The user is having problems comparing the two standards based on the values expressed in Mbps. Which explanation can the technician use that will best describe the relationship?
• USB 2.0 is forty times as fast as USB 1.1
22. Refer to the exhibit. The IT department requested a new set of memory chips to upgrade the old laptops. A picture of the memory chip required is attached to the purchase order so the correct item can be bought.
Which type of memory module is the IT department expecting to receive?
23.A computer has been relocated and all the cables reconnected. When the computer is powered on, the correct POST audio signals are heard and the hard drive LED shows disk activity. However, the monitor fails to display anything. What are two possible causes of this problem? (Choose two.)
• The monitor cable connector is loose or disconnected because the retaining screws are missing
• The monitor is connected to the integrated video adapter on the motherboard instead of the expansion slot adapter.
24.The corporate security policy states that all remote connections use only secure tunnels for transport of data. Which encryption technique secures data traveling across the public Internet as if it were traveling across the corporate LAN?
25.Which feature is characteristic of the ntbackup command?
• It can be executed from a batch file
26. Refer to the exhibit. What type of partition arrangement does this Windows XP computer have on its hard drive?
• 3 logical, 1 extended, 1 free space, 1 primary
27.What is the highest risk associated with improperly charged or mishandled batteries?
• The battery can explode
28. Refer to the exhibit and consider the advertisement that is shown. Based on the advertisement, which statement is accurate regarding this motherboard?
• The Intel X58/1CH10R chipset dictates the maximum number of PCIe expansion slots that can be on this motherboard.
29.Which two characteristics describe a software firewall? (Choose two.)
• It typically protects only the computer it is installed on
• It uses the CPU in the host computer
30.Which safety precaution should an installer take when installing cable in the ceiling of a building?
• Wear safety glasses in case of encountering toxic materials during the installation.
31.A technician is working on a laptop with a touchpad that fails to work. Which two actions can the technician take to try to repair the problem? (Choose two.)
• Enable the touchpad in the system BIOS
• Ensure that the operating system has the correct driver for the touchpad.
32.The production manager of a small company is experiencing slow performance in a laptop. What should a technician try first in order to correct the problem?
• Defragment the hard disk
33.Which Windows hard drive partition is referred to as the C: drive?
• the first primary partition
34.A Windows Vista computer does not display the thumbnail views of two windows that are currently minimized in the taskbar when the mouse pointer is placed over the appropriate tile on the taskbar. What is a possible solution to this problem?
• Upgrade the RAM and video card to the meet the minimum Microsoft requirements for Aero.
35.Which two hazards are related to fiber optic installations? (Choose two.)
• light that can burn the eyes
• glass splinters that can penetrate the skin